2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity peaks at 13,300 pounds with a max payload of 2,280 pounds. With light-weight, high-strength steel that’s been hydroformed, and a series of exceptional towing features, the Silverado towing and Silverado 1500 payload capacity offer tremendous utility within the light-duty truck segment.
While we don’t sell new 2021 Chevy Silverado trucks, we offer many used options from the recent generation that have comparable specs. Read our overview of the new model, and then find an AutoSavvy location near you and get in touch to test drive a similar model that costs much less!
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity Per Engine Option
The Chevrolet Silverado offers five engine options, which is to say that the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity varies depending upon which engine you choose. Take a look at how their specs differ below:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This standard engine provides 285 hp, a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, and a tow rating of 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This option up towing to 9,600 pounds with 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, all while increasing efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque pair to ratchet towing capability up to 11,500 pounds. If you opt for active fuel management technology, towing capability still manages 10,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equip this engine on the RST trim, and you’ll enjoy 420 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque, and the Silverado’s maximum towing rating of 13,300 pounds.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: Tow up to 9,500 pounds with 277 hp and 460 lb-ft with the Silverado’s efficient diesel engine option.
Chevrolet Silverado Towing Capacity Technologies
Yes, the Chevy Silverado 1500 is more than able to handle any job you can think of with its generous capability. It also streamlines the towing experience with a number of features that work to make the job smoother and quicker than ever. Highlights include:
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Trailering Package: Standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, this package includes a trailing hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: These mirrors expand your blind spot to account for the added length of whatever you tow.
Explore the Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity at AutoSavvy
Now that you’ve read about the Silverado 1500 payload and towing specs, get in touch with an AutoSavvy dealer. We specialize in selling branded title vehicles for shockingly low prices. If you live in the American West, we’re close by. With locations in Omaha, Boise, Colorado Springs, Las Vegas, Fort Worth, Houston, and counting, we sold tens of thousands of vehicles to happy customers, and offer a complimentary warranty on all of our merchandise! We look forward to helping you save!
Learn More at AutoSavvy
AutoSavvy Launches New Location in Santa Fe, New Mexico The AutoSavvy Family of Dealerships now offers locations in 8 states across the Western United States. Wednesday, September 1, 2021 10:00 am MST Dateline: Santa Fe, New Mexico AutoSavvy is a privately held company “We welcome car shoppers in Fort Worth to visit our store and…
Inc. Magazine Unveils Its Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies—the Inc. 5000 For the 3rd Time, AutoSavvy Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 4994 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 39 Percent NEW YORK, August 17, 2021 – Inc. magazine today revealed that AutoSavvy is No. 4994 on its annual Inc. 5000 list, the…
When properly equipped, the 2021 Ford Explorer has a tow capacity that can reach up to 5,600 pounds—more than enough for your trailer or motorboat. While AutoSaavy doesn’t sell new Ford Explorer SUVs, we have an extensive inventory of used Ford Explorers from the recent generation that offer nearly identical specs. To get a sense…