2021 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity
The 2021 Subaru Outback has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, though the capacity will vary depending on which trim level you choose. Learn more about the Outback towing specs, engine options, and towing-friendly features that can help improve your drives, and contact AutoSavvy to experience the capability in person!
2021 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity and Specs
There are two SUBARU BOXER® engine options for the 2021 Subaru Outback; which will affect this model’s towing capacity. However, no matter which configuration you choose you’ll get standard all-wheel drive, Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), traction control, and more.
- Standard on the Outback base trim, Outback Premium, Outback Limited, and Outback Touring
- 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque
- 33/26 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
- Standard on the Outback Onyx Edition XT, Outback Limited XT, Outback Touring XT
- 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
- 30/23 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2021 Outback Towing Accessories
Make sure you get these genuine Subaru accessories for towing in your 2021 Outback:
- Trailer Hitch: 270-pound tongue weight and 2,700-pound towing capacity for the 2.5L engine, 350-pound tongue weight and 3,500-pound towing capacity for the 2.4L turbocharged engine.
- Ball Mount: For when the ball mount needs to be replaced but the hitch casing is still working
- Trailer Hitch Cap: Rubberized exterior-grade plastic with a UV-resistance polyurethane Subaru logo
2021 Outback Features for Better Towing
The 2021 Subaru Outback was designed with adventures and tough tasks in mind. That’s why it’s equipped with a wide range of performance features, safety features, and technologies to make towing safe and effortless on the roads.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: Provides even distribution of power for maximum traction, optimum stability, efficiency. Also quickly adapts to driving conditions.
- Standard X-MODE®: Incorporates Hill Descent Control and the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system for stability on rough or steep terrain.
- Standard Control Systems: Vehicle Dynamics Control, Traction Control System, and Brake Override System are there to back you up when road surfaces are slippery.
- Standard Subaru EyeSight®: This safety suite includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-collision Braking, Lane Departure and Sway Warning
- Cargo Solutions: With 75.5 cubic feet maximum cargo volume (32.5 cubic feet with the seats upright), roof rails with integrated crossbars, and foldaway cargo carriers, you can optimize your hauling power without overloading your trailer.
- Available Driver-Assistance: Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking will give you additional peace of mind and ease of maneuvering.
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame: The Outback frame helps provide strength when towing heavy loads.
Find the Outback at AutoSavvy
Browse our inventory to find a Subaru Outback for sale that has all the features and capabilities you want. Then contact us for a test drive to experience the Outback in person at AutoSavvy.
More From AutoSavvy
The 2021 Subaru Outback has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, though the capacity will vary depending on which trim level you choose. Learn more about the Outback towing specs, engine options, and towing-friendly features that can help improve your drives, and contact AutoSavvy to experience the capability in person! View…
First things first, AutoSavvy dealerships sell branded title vehicles across the American Southwest. That is to say that we don’t sell new vehicles. However, if you’re looking for a recent-year Chevy Traverse in excellent condition, we have plenty in stock that have highly comparable features and specs to the new 2021 Chevy Traverse. To get…
AutoSource Motors Announces Company Name Change to AutoSavvy AutoSavvy — Your Source For Savings Monday, April 5, 2021 10:00 am MST Dateline: Woods Cross, Utah AutoSavvy is a privately held company “This rebranding strategy reflects both the evolution of the company as well as its vision for the future.” A Strategic Decision To Establish Brand…