5 Safest Used SUVs
When it comes time to pick a “new-to-you” vehicle for your family trips around Salt Lake City, there are a lot to choose from. Should you choose an SUV? Are SUVs safer than sedans? Take a look at this list of five great choices for your next family vehicle, and then contact us at AutoSavvy to schedule a test drive or find out about our specials!
Are SUVs Safer Than Sedans?
When it comes to your family’s safety, you don’t want to take any chances. Crash tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that passengers are safer in larger, heavier vehicles like SUVs than in smaller, lighter sedans, but some SUVs are better for your Denver, CO drives than others. Here are five of the best used SUVs that you can buy based on safety ratings and available driver assistance features.
Safe Used SUVs
The five vehicles listed below are the best used SUVs when it comes to your family’s safety around Las Vegas, NV.
- IIHS Top Safety Pick + and NHTSA Five-Star Rating – 2022 Chevy Trailblazer received perfect scores in the overall frontal barrier and side crash ratings.
- LATCH – This pre-installed system makes installing child safety seats easier.
- Teen Driver Package – This driving mode allows parents to set limits to audio levels and speed in cars teens will be driving. It also produces a driving report card that parents can use to help teens learn safe driving habits.
- Consistent top safety ratings – The Forester has received an IIHS Top Safety Pick or Pick + every year since 2007 and an NHTSA Five-Star Rating every year since 2014. It is one of the best choices for safe used SUVs.
- Standard All-Wheel Drive – All Subaru models come with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. The Forester has good traction even in harsh road conditions.
- Subarus are built to last – In a report from Experian Automotive, 97% of Forester SUVs sold between 2012 and 2021 were still on the road at the beginning of 2022.
- Many available – The Explorer has been on the market for decades, so there is a good selection for sale.
- Good safety ratings – Earned Five-Star Rating every year since 2013.
- Stability control – New Explorers have Roll Stability Control to adjust traction in slippery conditions and also Trailer Sway Control.
- Top Safety Pick – The Mazda CX-5 has been named a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS every year since 2014.
- High-tech safety features – Driver assistance features and warnings help make the CX-5 one of the best used SUVs. These include automatic emergency braking, collision warning, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control.
- Great safety scores – The Hyundai Tucson has received top marks from the IIHS and NHTSA since 2016.
- Hyundai SmartSense – In addition to more common safety features like forward collision avoidance and pedestrian detection, the Tucson also has driver attention warnings, a surround-view monitoring system, and a safe exit warning.
Come to AutoSavvy to Find Your Next SUV!
Come to AutoSavvy to see our selection of the best used SUVs. Use our online trade-in tool to check the value of your current vehicle, and then talk to our finance department to see what we can do for you. Our goal is to help you find the safe used SUV you and your family deserve!
More from AutoSavvy
The Chevrolet Traverse has long been a favorite at AutoSavvy, particularly in Salt Lake City, acclaimed for its roomy interior and advanced technological features. A key highlight for this model year is its remarkable towing capacity. The 2024 Chevrolet Traverse’s towing capabilities allow it to tow up to an impressive 5,000 pounds. This Chevrolet Traverse towing prowess…
It’s that time of year again: Tax Season. For many, this means receiving a refund check from the government. While it may be tempting to splurge on a vacation or the latest gadgets, why not consider a more practical investment? Using a portion of your tax return as a down payment on a branded title…
The 2024 Subaru Outback has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped*, but you’ll need to select the right options if you want to reach that upper limit. Learn more about the Outback towing specs, engine options, and towing-friendly features that can help improve your Salt Lake City drives, and contact AutoSavvy to experience…